Goldenhill herb farm, Jeju, South Korea
Complement a trip to Jeju Do’s oldest fishing and agricultural village by having lunch at the Goldenhill Herb Farm. Gosan Village is only 4.2km away from a delicious ‘pizza size’ Goldenhill Gold Burger.
After visiting the village and taking in the views of the small harbour and, of course, Chagwi Island (beautiful scenery and good fishing), head East. Once you arrive, don’t be put off by the downstairs area too much (they may be in the process of renovating – they may not) before heading upstairs to the log cabin-style dining area.
There are two burger-style meals to choose from: Goldenhill Gold Burger (salad) and Goldenhill Baguette Burger (vegetables). The meat patty is made from pork and added herbs direct from the farm. All other ingredients are garden-fresh! This makes for a delicious, richly flavoured meal. Not a meat lover? The herb salad should satisfy. If there’s still room for desert, a Red-bean Sherbet might hit the spot. You’ll be 15,000 won lighter after a burger, but very satisfied. The burgers prove to be enough for two very hungry people, or three to four not-so-hungry people.
A selection of herbal products is also available. The soaps, scented candles, and lotions will please as will a choice of recently picked herbs and home-style cookies.
Goldenhill Herb Farm has no plans and doesn’t wish to open any other chain-style stores. This means they won’t be expanding into the Jeju City area.
FEEL LIKE A HERB BURGER?
– Either catch a bus, travel by car, bike it, or take a taxi to Gosan Ri (Gosan Village). Tourist Information (1330) can help with bus information.
– After your visit, head East away from the village by taking a 40 minute walk. If taxi or car is your choice you’ll be there in about 5 minutes.
– Telephone: (064) 773 0097
– Website: www.goldherbfarm.com
– Words & Photographs By Chris Evans